The poor birch tree did not survive the building process very well and gave up the ghost early last summer. We had it removed and the stump grubbed out today. It only took them 20 minutes or so, they were amazingly efficient.
Designing and building our own house gave me an opportunity to have the the hifi set up exactly how I wanted it. There are always compromises, but I’m very happy with what we ended up with.
When designing the electrics in the house, I wanted to be sure we had plenty of power-points. I wanted to be sure I never had to use another powerboard or double-adapter ever again. While unpacking I took this photo showing all the powerboards we were using in the previous house (lots!!). And I’m happy to say there isn’t a single one used in our new house! Yay!